Flojet air leak – Again with a MEP1 help update


Today my flojet air hose was cracked again.  I guess I am tightening this to tight?  Well, I decided to try MEP1’s idea about using 3/8″ i.d. hose alone with 1/2″ i.d. about 1″ of each kind.


Sliding this on is fairly easy.


I put the barb in then tried to put the 1/2″ i.d. hose onto the setup.  I could not get the 1/2″ to go all the way on (because of the barb) but I just trimmed the excess off with a razor blade.  Then I put a hose clamp on and I was done.  Thanks to MEP1 for the suggestion.

Coleman Fragrance Vacuum Problem


I replaced all the barbs with Parker 1/8″ x 1/8″ push lock fittings.   (I purchased from Grainger like MEP1 told me to.  Thanks)  But I am having a weird problem I can not figure out.


2/3 fragrances work, the one that does not work really should work though.  This is what I tried.

1)  Checked the wire from the timer to the solenoid with a voltmeter.  Works

2)  Button works and makes a sound when pushed, the air also keeps running when the button is pushed.

3)  When I rewire (hot wire) frag 2 to frag 3 (broken) the solenoid will work fine.

4)  When I rewire (hot wire) frag 3 (broken) to frag 2 the solenoid will not work.

5)  Swapped the timer with another fragrance vacuum.  Still does not work.

6)  Ground seems to be all connected fine to the solenoid.  Checked with voltmeter.

7)  Rewire from the timer wire (wire harness) to the solenoid and still did not work.

The only things I did not check:

1)  Voltage

2)  Rewiring the wire on the wire harness to the solenoid.