Flojet air leak – Again with a MEP1 help update

IMG_2066.JPGIMG_2071.JPGIMG_2073.JPG

Today my flojet air hose was cracked again.  I guess I am tightening this to tight?  Well, I decided to try MEP1’s idea about using 3/8″ i.d. hose alone with 1/2″ i.d. about 1″ of each kind.

IMG_2079.JPGIMG_2080.JPG

Sliding this on is fairly easy.

IMG_2088.JPGIMG_2091.JPG

I put the barb in then tried to put the 1/2″ i.d. hose onto the setup.  I could not get the 1/2″ to go all the way on (because of the barb) but I just trimmed the excess off with a razor blade.  Then I put a hose clamp on and I was done.  Thanks to MEP1 for the suggestion.

2 Replies to “Flojet air leak – Again with a MEP1 help update”

  1. One problem I see now that I didn’t notice before is that you’re using a hose clamp that’s much too big for the tubing, but even the smallest hose clamp is too big for the tubing alone on the barb. I forgot to take pictures of the tubing-as-a-clamp I like to use, but I’ll get it to you soon.

  2. To secure this better you should use an Oenkier type of fastner, the reason for this is that its less ackward then the worm clamp. It’s easier to remove once you get the hang of it. All you need to get is the clamps and a special tool which you can get at any Auto store.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *