I purchased a bucket (150 feet) of crack stix from a random website ($30?).
All you need is a clean crack, which I pressure washed, and some crack stix, which is wrapped in plastic and you can rip apart in strips.
I pushed in the flexible crack stix and then applied fire. It melts down and in 20 minutes can have traffic.
It actually worked really well. I will have to see how it lasts.
Today my flojet air hose was cracked again. I guess I am tightening this to tight? Well, I decided to try MEP1’s idea about using 3/8″ i.d. hose alone with 1/2″ i.d. about 1″ of each kind.
Sliding this on is fairly easy.
I put the barb in then tried to put the 1/2″ i.d. hose onto the setup. I could not get the 1/2″ to go all the way on (because of the barb) but I just trimmed the excess off with a razor blade. Then I put a hose clamp on and I was done. Thanks to MEP1 for the suggestion.
I had to replace the 1/2″ schedule 80 pvc elbow with a metal street elbow today, because of a small leak. I am going to replace the solenoid later so I did not replace all the pvc for now. I guess the weep solenoid (sprinkler system solenoid) may have worn out the pvc (from cutting on and off) and caused a small crack.
I also installed the last Flojet pump. Now I just need to put the last 2 Flojet pumps online.