Archive | April, 2009

Proximity sensors problems already?


William replaced the gantry “end of track” proximity sensor along with the “lower boom prox”.  The “end of track” prox tells the machine that the unit has traveled to the end of the track.  If this prox is bad you will know because the gantry will not move but still run though a wash normally.    The second prox replaced tells the “wash boom” when to stop the boom so it will not hit the end of its track.  If this prox is bad the boom will be lower then normal and probably be pressure washing the ground.  Both the sensors are located on the passenger side of the gantry.


This type proximity sensor used above is used in many locations in the Water Wizard.  The Jim Coleman model number is 6626 and the Turck model number is Ni15U-EM18WD-AN6X-H1141 id number is M1634835 .  If you want to look at all the Water Wizard parts for some reason check out this.

Hamilton entry unit problem


I called Hamilton support today (1-800-837-5561) and they dialed into my modem and checked out my credit card computer.  They said that the unit was turned off for a very long time and it was reset a lot of times.  So apparently they can not really check anything by dialing into the system.  (I knew that much!)  They did say to send the unit in to them and they think it will cost anywhere between $200 and $500 to fix.

Hamilton entry unit problem


William was trying to show me how the entry unit works and the Hamilton handheld would not work.  (The handheld, from what I have gathered, programs prices and the credit card computer.)  William called Hamilton to try and get the handheld to work but nothing would work.  Ends up that the cord was messed up (last picture).


I took the $1900 Hamilton credit card computer home with me to fix the handheld cord, which I did.  I did not take the 2 boards apart but the top board looks like an Aprotek modem.

Water Wizard Preparation – Water pressure fix


Greg came by the carwash today to help us troubleshoot my water pressure problem.  His idea was to get a water pressure gauge and see what the water pressure is before the regulator (hose bib) and before the Water Wizard hydrominder.  It ended up that I was getting 90 psi before the regulator and 40 psi before the hydrominder.  Then we decided to remove a large inline filter and the pressure jumped to 60 psi.  This jump in water pressure to 60 psi with the 1″ water line allowed me enough water to keep up with the high pressure functions.