Tag Archives: solenoid

Coleman Shampooer Problem – Update

IMG_2564.JPG

Now is the time to test the group of fittings that connects to the right of the solenoid. This is really bad because you have to take off the whole back panel.

IMG_2677.JPGIMG_2684.JPGIMG_2685.JPGIMG_2688.JPG

Well I took off the panel to remove the solenoid and I had to take a picture (second picture) what was behind the panel. (The solenoid was being held on by 2 screws.) So I took off the group of fitting and they look totally clogged with rust. The barbs are the same way. I believe the only way to fix this problem is to order a new part from Grainger.

I hate it when I “know” what the problem is!

IMG_9963.JPGIMG_9964.JPGIMG_9968.JPGIMG_9969.JPG

So the problem is the high pressure wax function does not work in one of the bays.  First I decided there was crap in the hp wax solenoid.  So I slowly starved the pump of water to pull the crap out of the solenoid.  That did not work so I removed the solenoid to clean it, which did not work.  So I decided the problem was with the needle valve which I just removed all of them, that did not help.  Then I pulled out my voltmeter and checked to see if I was getting voltage from the switch to the equipment room which I was not (I am getting somewhere!).  So now I need to figure out how to check a rotary switch.  I need to give Greg a call!

Foam brush weep system

IMG_8477.JPGIMG_8480.JPGIMG_8482.JPG

I hooked up my foam brush weep system today.  The check valve at the far end is used as a plug because I did not have one with my today.

IMG_8484.JPGIMG_8487.JPG

I just attached the foam brush weep to one of the pumps weep lines for now, but I will need to purchase some parts and mount it better later.  The last picture shows the weep solenoid on the far left which is where I will be mounting the weep line.