I finally decided to figure out what was wrong with my air compressor pump. The wheel would just spin freely and not do anything else. When I removed the top the pistons? wouldn’t move when I pushed on them. I would guess that is not good! It was also dry and gummy. But who knows what it is suppose to look like?
I removed the wheel thing (technical term) I guess this piece is fine? But I believe I spotted the problem.
Looks like something broke in the compressor pump? :) Looks like maybe the pistons seized up and the wheel thing ripped all the crap apart! But it looks like I have all the pieces and I can easily fix this with some glue!
I forgot to tell you the way to get this pump apart is to take all the screws out them hit it with a rubber mallet. At least it worked for me. The 2nd picture looks like the piston actually broke/cracked then the whole pump blew up? Maybe?
But I really can’t decide if the pump just didn’t have enough oil? Maybe that caused all the problem? I checked with the dip stick and it didn’t register, that is bad. So the bottom line is I figured out what the problem was with my Dad’s broken air compressor and with a little glue I will be able to get this old green SpeedAire back as good as new!
This was a new product that everyone was talking about this year. It was from Hydra-Flex Inc. the Aqua-Lsb TX 9000F Chemical Delivery System. Wow that is a mouth full! The big unit (first picture) costs around $15,000 and it replaces all your hydrominders with injectors and delivery pumps. You can supposedly save up to 20% including electricity, water, chemical and maintenance! But not really sure what the difference would be if you regulated your water into your hydrominders? Also the other problem they pointed out was the hydrominder tips ware and that is how the unit saves on chemicals.
The little unit (last picture) I was told was for self-serve but I talked to Hydra-Flex last year (when they only sold injectors) and they said injectors were not good for self-serve, only automatics and tunnels so who knows? The guy was also trying to sell a unit to my Dad. :)
I got my temporary Procon pump from my Dad today. I have never replaced a Procon pump but William said it is easy, which it was.
You just have to remove the old pump. Mine is a clamp style because it is clamped on like the second picture shows. The other type is flange type.
Then you put the “magic piece” (second picture) which make everthing work in the motor, line it up with the pump, tighten the clamp on the pump and motor, install all the hoses back correctly and test. Done!
I was checking out my Dad’s Standard changer install today. (He took the changer out of his Moody carwash.) It replaced an equally worn Rowe changer like the changer in the right picture. He gave me his spare Rowe BC-200 changer so now I have 5 Rowe changers! Yea! I need to sell one to Greg.